Monday, October 29, 2012

Eagle Mosaic 11/01-11/09

Eagle Mosaic



Lesson Objective: Students will understand what a mosaic is a picture or decorative design made by setting small colored pieces, as of stone or tile, into a surface and how to create one. Students will know that shape in art is a 2D area defined by a boundary.

Essential Skill to be mastered: Students will create a mosaic into the shape of an eagle.

I can statement: I can create a mosaic into the organic shape of an eagle. 

Teaching Strategy: To begin with I ask the students to think of something we in our world that a person can see that has no shape. After discussion I show the students a presentation on PowerPoint about shape and how it applies to art and in the world around us. I show good examples of the finished project to show students what is expected, and bad examples to show what I do not want to see. I use guided practice throughout the project to make sure students are staying on task and following instructions. I have instructions written on the board in case there is ever a question they want answered while I am with someone else. 

Materials:

12x18 paper
Eagle stencils
Pencil
Magazine
Glue
Markers/Colored Pencils

Instructions:

1.     Trace eagle shape from stencil onto 12x18 paper
2.     Draw the inside of the eagle by looking at planner
3.     Using magazine cut up “colors” of your choice from pages
4.     Glue paper pieces onto the eagle to look like a mosaic
5.     Make sure there are no “jagged” edges (paper should be cut to fit to lines)
6.     When finished design the background to blend well with the eagle




No comments:

Post a Comment